Aizawl’s David Lalrinmurna wins Player of the Tournament Award



 Gangtok: April 18, 2012 :Captain David Lalrinmurna (8) was adjusted the best player of the tournament in the final phase of the 2nd division I league played at Paljor stadium, Gangtok. The Aizawl FC, Mizoram midfielder David, remained calm and composed representing each matches for the tournament. David, the overwhelming winner collected his prize from the minister of sports NK Pradhan, after the final match between the United Sikkim FC and Mohammedan FC Kolkata.

“I am fully satisfied my performances and out of the world to receive this trophy” said the 23-years-old. “I would like to thank God, my family, my team-mates, coaches and the organising committee for the award”.
Informing more in footballing career David said he played in Mohammedan Academy than to Chennai, Goa and this time for Aizawl. He has also represented Mizoram in the U-16 and the U-19 national tournaments. In the year 2010 he represented in the Santosh Trophy.
“May be from next year I will be in the I league and I will try harder and harder to attain the dream. I will keep these awards at home and still have some space for more”. It’s an honour to be successful and I feel lucky”.
Concluding he said that there are many talents in India and they need to work hard in order to upgrade the status of the game.
It has also been learnt from the 23 year old football sensation that he has been invited by the ONGC Mumbai, Mohammedan Kolkata, Kalighat and even host United Sikkim FC.
“I want to go home first” said the midfielder when asked about joining to any of the above teams. (i-Sikkim)

You Might Also Like

0 comments