Goan duo signs for Sporting Clube de Goa

NEW DELHI: The Goan duo of Beevan D’Mello and Cajetan Fernandes will be donning the Flaming Oranje jersey in the 2013-14 Season of the I-League as both completed their signings for Sporting Clube de Goa from Salgaocar.

Raia based Beevan was an instrumental part of Goa’s successful Santosh Trophy winning Team in 2009 while Cajetan hit the headlines the same year when he scored against Portugal in the Lusiofonia Games.

An emotional Beevan who played for Salgaocar for the past ten years said: “It was an emotional farewell to leave my former Club after a decade, and I am carrying a lot of fond memories with me. It is time to open up a fresh chapter and prove to my new Coach that I am here to fight for the team.”

In 2010 Beevan suffered a cruciate ligament injury which pushed him to the sidelines for a long period. He can play both as a striker and a midfielder.

“Bruno Coutinho stays my idol,” he added.

Cajetan remarked: “I’m excited and honoured to be joining Sporting Clube de Goa as they are a popular team which even has a keen following overseas.”

Cajetan’s most cherished moment to date, was winning the Man-of-the-Match Award when he helped Salgaocar come from two goals down to eventually defeat East Bengal 3-2 on route to winning the I-League title in 2010.

Sporting Clube de Goa Manager Anju Albuerquerque informed: “We have been keeping track of Beevan and Cajetan’s career for many years and when the opportunity finally arose to snap them up, we grabbed it at the earliest. The double signing also fits with our President Mr. Peter Vaz’s philosophy of promoting Goan talent.”    -AIFF Team

You Might Also Like

0 comments